TEACHING ASSISTANT LEVEL 2
Grade 4 £19,115 to £20,263 FTE (£13,251 to £14,417 pro rata)
30 hours per week, term time only
We are seeking a committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support teaching and learning at Huntington School. This role involves providing support to students aged 11-18 in the classroom.
- Experience of supporting students in an educational or youth setting in English/Literacy or Numeracy would be an advantage.
- You will need the ability to motivate and encourage students to develop and achieve in the school environment.
- You will need to be responsive to the individual needs of our students and promote the inclusion of all students in the school.
- You must have excellent communication skills, ICT capability and be able to work on their own initiative and also work well in a team
- This role requires a confident and resilient person who can deal with students effectively in situations that may require the use of diplomacy and tact; flexibility is also vital in order to meet the demands of a busy school.
Huntington School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
We are unable to accept CVs in place of application forms. Please download a job description and an application form from the links below. Completed application forms should be returned either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. or by post to Vacancies, Huntington School, Huntington Road, Huntington, York, YO32 9WT.
We are an equal opportunities employer. If you require any additional support to enable you to make an application please contact Paula Edwards, PA to Senior Leadership Team: by email to email@example.com
Closing date: 9am on Thursday 9 December 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing 13 December