SIMS Parent App
Watch the video, follow the links and download the ‘SIMS Parent’ App
If you have any questions about the SIMS Parent App please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for setting up SIMS Parent App
Before you start, some points to note:
- It’s a two-stage process – you have to be invited to register first and then install the SIMS Parent App on your smart phone or device (or just use the website www.sims-parent.co.uk, if you prefer access from a computer).
- SIMS app does not have its own username and password. It relies on other services to authenticate like Facebook/twitter/google/Microsoft/etc. account) Please do not use SIMS ID
Step 1: You will be sent an invitation email from email@example.com to the email address you have provided us. Check your junk mail if it has not arrived in your Inbox. If you have checked your spam/junk folder and still have not received your account registration email, please request an invitation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 3: Choose the account type you would like to register with Facebook/Twitter/Google/Microsoft. Be aware that SIMS ID is for staff use only.
Step 4: Check the details and click on “Register”
Step 5: Type your child’s date of birth in dd/mm/yyyy format and click on “Verify”
Step 6: You should receive an email for successful registrations.
Step 7: Now download the “SIMS Parent” app from Apple app or Google play store in your smart phone or tablet. If you don’t have smart phone, you can still access SIMS parent by visiting www.sims-parent.co.uk or the link from our school website.
Step 8: Now login to the SIMS Parent by choosing login details of the service you choose to register with Facebook/twitter/google/Microsoft
Using SIMS Parent
When you sign into SIMS Parent, you will see the Home page, showing a named tile for your child or for each of your children if you have more than one. There are also ‘tiles’ for Messages and the Calendar.
- The Message tile displays messages relating to all your child/children at the school.
- The Calendar tile displays shared information such as term dates and child-specific dates relating to each of your children at the school.
Click a tile showing the name and photograph of your child to view their data. By clicking on the individual tile you will see:
- Attendance – shows the percentage for term to date and weekly attendance
- Conduct – shows the Achievements and any behaviour incidents, House Points are shown in a circle next to the comment
- Timetable – shows the timetabled lessons for your child for each week
- Reports – allows you to open and download a PDF document of all the academic reports that your child
- Data Collection – allows you to view and update your data, please use this to amend your telephone/email
What do I need to do if my first registration didn’t work or I have issues signing into the SIMS Parent App?
Please send name and email address with details of the issue to email@example.com We will resend your invitation email enabling you to reregister.
I have signed into SIMS Parent before, but I can’t sign in now. What should I do?
Ensure you are logged in with the correct account (i.e. the account you used during the SIMS Parent registration process). To sign out of an incorrect account, visit the account provider’s website (e.g. Google, Facebook, etc.) and sign out. Alternatively, try accessing SIMS Parent through a browser window using www.sims-parent.co.uk
If still having issues, please send name and email address with details of the issue to firstname.lastname@example.org We will resend your invitation email enabling you to reregister.