What will you study?
- A study of the development of the People’s Health in Britain since 1250—understanding the major changes in Britain’s history and how that impacted public health.
- A depth study of the Norman Conquest of England, possibly the most significant event in the country’s history. You will unpick the process of taking control and how the Normans secured their new kingdom.
- A site visit and study of Fountains Abbey, investigating what the ruins can still tell us about how the site has changed over time.
- An overview study of the growth and development of America, including the colonisation of the ‘Wild West,’ the Civil War and the attempts to rebuild the country.
- A period study of what it was like to live under the Nazis in Germany and Europe.
- We also undertake a trip to the battlefields of World War One to enrich the students understanding of the past, raising key questions of perception, memory and remembrance.
How might it be useful in the future?
- It will help you develop lots of skills that are really valued by employers and universities, like being able to form a logical argument and evaluate evidence.
- You will improve your writing skills, which are important in all subjects and careers.
- You will learn to think critically and not believe everything you read or are told!
Jobs you can get with History qualifications:
- Will help with any career path!